Calories don’t count when one is celebrating holidays. This dish is a bit rich but is great when you have vegetarians guests and want a different appetizer for them. On public demand..I bring you the Mad Cheesy Surprise which is very easy to make and delicious to have.
5-6 boiled small potatoes (not baby potatoes but at least size of your pinkie finger)
2 tsp chopped coriander leaves
1/2 cup grated sharp cheddar
1 tsp chilli flakes
2 tsp oregano
3 tsp crumbled cottage cheese (paneer)
1 tsp crushed black pepper
1 tsp butter
salt to taste
1) Cool the boiled potatoes and chop off from one end. With a spoon dig out the potatoes and make them hollow so that they act like a cup. Removed the scooped out potatoes and mash them.
2) Take the mashed mixture and add crumbled cottage cheese, coriander leaves, salt, pepper, oregano and chilli flakes. Mix well.
3) Take the hollow potatoes and add the cheddar cheese at the bottom of each potato. Top with the mashed potato mix and cheddar again.
4) Take a baking tray and line it with melted butter. Add the stuffed potatoes and bake for 20 minutes.
5) Remove from the oven when the cheddar goes all bubbly and gooooey. Serve hot with thai sweet chilli sauce.