As its winters I love wearing dark, intense colored lipsticks. Colors such as purple, marsala and fusia pink look lovely in the wintery evening. However the thing about wearing bright lipsticks is that you need to have perfect lips for it. Even if there is a bit of crack or dry lips..it shows prominently. I just hate when that happens! This winter I haven’t faced any cracked/dry lips problem, thanks to the Multitasking Figs & Rouge Lip Balm.
Its not just a a lip balm, its a multi tasking extraordinaire!
Excerpts from the Press Release..
In Dubai, we all lead busy lives and often we try to minimise the clutter in our lives along the way. Beauty is one industry that has been trying to go minimalist for a long time and it’s now very common to find products in the market that are 2-in-1 in order to reduce the number of products we need. 2 in 1 sounds good; but what about a product that is a multi-tasking extraordinaire? In comes the Figs & Rouge 100% Natural Lip Balm. This multi-talented balm is natural goodness for your skin in a 17ml tin. With a simple list of ingredients (Ricinus Communis Oil, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Copernicia Cerifera Wax, Limonene, Citral, Linalool & Geraniol) and a promise of being 100% natural, the balm is available in a variety of flavours from playful Lemon Berry to classic Aloe Mint. The vintage tins inspire a sense of nostalgia and take you back to the brands’ English roots.
The Lip Balm has a thick texture that makes it easy to work with on skin & hair and has a humectant effectthat works well will all skin and hair concerns. Once applied though, it is light to wear and can be applied in concentration to areas with more severe concerns. The balm sets matte and doesn’t feel greasy. The tin is convenient to carry in your clutch and is essential for everything you may ever need in a balm.
Here’s a list of 10 things you the Figs & Rouge Lip Balm can be used for:
1. Lip Balm
2. A dry Skin Remedy for Ankles, Elbows and Knees
3. For Definition – Rub a small amount between your palms and run it down the centre of your legs to make your legs appear longer without an obvious shimmer.
4. Apply a small amount with an angled brow brush to set your brows. Go over it with a spooley brush to fix them in place.
5. When travelling apply a thin layer on your face and lips to avoid excessive loss of moisture caused by the dry cabin air.
6. Stray? No way! – Use a small amount of balm to set your stray hairs in place. If you have shorter hair and want to add texture to your do, use a slightly larger amount to achieve the look.
7. For a glossy eye shadow look – We love a good smokey wet eye look, but most petroleum based jellies smear easily. This balm gives you the look minus the grease and the mess.
8. Cracked Heel? No Big Deal! – Apply a thin film once daily for 5 days to your cracked heel (preferably at night).
9. Cuticle lovin’ – Apply it to the skin around your fingers and toes to nourish the nail bed.
10. Mix n’ Match Buddy – Create your own lipstick colours using a small amount of the balm as base. Mix old lipstick colours and pigments from your previous powder makeup or pigment creams to come up with signature shades of lippies. Since it has a thicker formula than petroleum jelly, it will glide on as a lipstick should and stay put for longer!
As mentioned previously, the lip balm actually works well. Before using Figs & Rouge Lip Balm, I was using lip balm from body shop but it wasn’t working. Figs & Rouge Lip Balm keeps my lips supple and moist throughout the entire day. I did try all the other 11 uses of this wonderful balm, except the cuticle nourishment part all worked well. I even tried it as a base for body glitter. Rubbed some of Figs & Rouge Lip Balm on my skin and brushed body glitter over it. It was there till the next morning.
The cute little tin is totally adorable and the product only costs AED 30 (8$). Its easy to carry even in your pocket and can be used by men too. The one I tested for last fifteen days was Rambling Rose, it has lovely floral fragrance.
Purchasing again? Yes I will! Eager to try Lemon Berry fragranced balm 🙂
The Figs & Rouge multi-tasking lip and body balms retail for AED 30 at outlets including Boots the Pharmacy,Organic Foods & Café, The Change Initiative and Make-Up Etc.
Note: Product was given to me for reviewing purposes, all views are my own.